A recent study by Forrester has summarized Magento as “one of the most flexible and scalable enterprise-class eCommerce platform with immense potential to drive incremental online revenue growth”.
Magento: An Introduction
Magento is a professional, feature-rich open-source ecommerce solution that offers merchants complete flexibility and control over the UI, content and functionality of their online store. One of the highlights of Magento eCommerce platform is that its native administration interface contains powerful marketing, merchandising and content management tools.
Not only does this empower merchants to create sites that are tailored to their unique business requirements, it also ensures that no constraints are put on business processes and flow. Magento’s flexibility and enterprise-class features also makes it ideal for eCommerce solution creation that is customized to your unique requirements.
The story behind…..
Magento, since its inception in 2007 has revolutionized the ecommerce platform market and transformed the way businesses is done online. The initial response Magento received was highly encouraging (1 million downloads in 18 months) and still continues its dominance of the eCommerce market generation revenues of billions of dollars worldwide. This highly popular eCommerce platform was acquired by eBay in early 2011, and it continues to be the fastest growing ecommerce platform in the world.
Written in PHP, Magento utilizes the MVC-based Zend Framework and uses an EAV-based MySQL database. The system is highly modular and Magento’s architecture handles module database schema updates automatically.
What Makes Magento the Ideal eCommerce Platform for your Business
If you ask any of the Magento users this question, you’ll surely get to hear that it is the overall ‘Qualitative Benefits’ that they find the most valuable towards the success of their Magento deployments.
Scalability and Dependability
Magento Ecommerce development can help your website achieve scalability and stability to meet traffic volume, so as to meet every business demand without any uncertainty or adverse customer experience – thus seamlessly driving business growth.
Magento offers superb flexibility for enabling a comprehensive range of functional requirements, besides access to the source code – allowing the merchants to control its functionality and adapt the platform to meet their requirements.
Initially merchants reported deployment period of 6 to 9 months. However, there might be varied factors contributing to deviations in deployment time, like overall scope of project, extent of resources used, and any possibilities in change of project scope.
Enhanced Marketing Activities
Merchants using Magento can support more diverse and frequent marketing tactics, courtesy its ability to integrate with third-party marketing services providers (not to forget the platform’s scalability and functionality features)
Magento Features: That Makes it the Best eCommerce CMS
- Offers customer targeted banners and content.
- Offers integrated email marketing and newsletters.
- Allows promotion of select products with marketing campaigns.
- Allows rule-based promotion.
- Rule-based product relationships for up-sell, cross-sell and associated items.
- Access to group products in virtual product sets.
- Present product relevant to customers while they browse.
- Product image capabilities give an ’in-person view’ of the products.
- Helps identify key customer segments and market
- Offers permission-based product/ category access and sales for identified user group.
- Loyalty points reward program
- Access to product reviews and ratings
- Maintains persistent shopping feature, maintains items of interest from one browsing session to the next and from multiple devices.
- Automated email reminders to reduce abandoned shopping card abandonment.
- Offers wish-lists, gift registries, gift certificates, gift wraps and store credit.
- Offers easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor
- Offers admin privileges to control editing, publishing, pricing and promotions.
- Allows multi-site, language and currency management with a single admin.
- Minimum advertised price (MAP) – allows selling of inventory at low prices, while abiding manufacturer policies.
Performance and Search Capabilities
- Allows full-page caching for all users.
- Provides scalable performance for transactions and orders.
- Allows layered navigation and Solr search.
- Helps order archiving for high volume business.
Reports & Analytics
- Offers user-friendly Admin dashboard
- Helps analyze the entire sale process on a per website/webstore basis
- Ensures strong data encryption
- Magento’s Secure Payment Bridge is PA-DSS certified, thus simplifying PCI compliance.
Magento eCommerce platform puts you in control and empowers you to focus on what you do best: engaging your customers and growing your business. Magento offers flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help you grow and succeed online. Our cost-effective technology platform makes it possible for you to control the content, functionality, look and feel of your online store.